So my friend LISA posted this on HER BLOG and tagged me, so I figured I better get it done. I'm hoping some GOOD songs pop up in the 10, my luck the 10 songs I'd never admit to listening to will be popping up....Here we go
* Using the shuffle feature on your iPod (or other MP3 player), write down the first 10 songs that play.
* Don't be a PUNK and skip songs to find something better. If it pops up, it's in the 10
* Justify, defend or explain why those songs are on your iPod.
* Tag someone else to complete the meme.
If you don't have an iPod or similar device: You’re a loser.
1. Sheryl Crow - Good is Good...I've always been a fan of her work. She makes music that you feel, not just hear. So yeah, I'm a Sheryl Crow fan.
2. Diary - Alicia Keys...I've found that when listening to Alicia Keys, you can't find a bad song. She's got range too, not just R&B but faster and harder music. Did you hear her in the Quantum of Soalce song with Kevin White? Good stuff.
3. DMX - X Gonna Give It To Ya...DMX is the artist I use when I'm pumping up, when I need to be in a certain zone and when I'm just flat out pissed off. His aggressive music is just what the doc ordered. DMX is in my top 10!
4. Sarah Bareilles - Love Song...Look, I knew this was going to happen, all the stuff that I DON'T want people to see LMAO. I dig Sarah Bareilles, she's got good stuff, and this song was just catchy as hell, so whatever!
5. Paramore - Hallelujah...Paramore is one of my favorite bands. They haven't made a bad song yet.
6. Nickleback - Savin' Me...I wasn't a huge Nickleback fan until I went to see them in concert when I lived in Seattle. They played for over 4 hours and rocked the house, I was hooked that night!
7. Chris Brown Feat. T-Pain - Kiss Kiss...It was a good song, what can I say LMAO...besides, T-Pain is pretty bad ass.
8. Metallica - The Struggle Within...FINALLY!! Some of my better stuff. What else can be said, Metallica is EFFIN BAD ASS, no matter what song it is...I'm a bigger fan of their older stuff...late 80s early 90s. The song ONE is probably the best song ever recorded by ANY band.
9. Garth Brooks - What She's Doing Now...Look, I don't do a lot of country, but there's this whole portion of my life linked to Garth's music..from lost love to best friends. I lived through some stuff and it was all while listening to everything Garth.
10. Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love...One of the few remakes I actually LOVE. I can see an argument for the remake being better than the original. I dig Marilyn!
Ok....So there's my 10 and I TOTALLY did it the honest way, not skipping anything for something better. I'm just glad the Colby Caillat and Corrine Bailey Rae didn't pop up LMAO....Oh, and the Katy Perry. I was hoping for some Rage Against The Machine, since they're my favorite band but oh well...Kiss, Def Leppard, Van Halen...none of the solid stuff popped up, but that was expected.
Ok, so now I'm tagging 2 people...LORA and NIKKI. Have fun!!