Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Olympic Fever '08

So there are 2 moments in sports where I truly get UBER EXCITED. Like totally enthralled and so set to watch, follow, cheer, and agonize that I can hardly contain myself.

1. The beginning of the College Football Season
2. The Olympics

The summer Olympics is by far my favorite. Now don't get me wrong I love the winter Olympics, but I LOVE the summer Olympics. I have to admit I can feel it, it's close. The athletes of Team USA are on the brink of the Olympic Games. The moment that they have worked their asses off for. The moment they have laid in bed and dreamed about. All their hard work is about to be put to the test. Olympic athletes awe me. These are the absolute BEST athletes in the world. They don't do it for a huge salary, for free agency, for selfishness...they do it for the glory and they do it for TEAM USA!!! They do it to see if they are the BEST in the entire world. Do you realize what it takes just to make it on an Olympic team? My hats off to every single man and woman that will wear the red, white, and blue in Beijing and represent. We're rooting for you, we're cheering for you, we BELIEVE in you, and when you're on that podium receiving the gold and the Anthem is playing....we'll cry with you. Do your thing, Olympic Athlete.....we've got your back!!!

1 comment:

LoraLoo said...

Honestly, I haven't watched the Olympics for years (don't throw anything at me - LOL). But your post isn't lost on me... these athletes are absolutely amazing, and for all the right reasons.